Metal Wall Flange
- This useful piece ventilation equipment is used to connect ventilation ducting to outlet or inlet vents on a wall or other surface.
- In essence, a spigot is a cylinder of metal with a flange attached to it to enable secure fixing to a surface.
- The flange is secured to the wall and the ducting is connected to the cylinder
- Using a spigot to connect ventilation ducting to the exit or intake vent for your system is an effective method of making a secure and reliable connection.
- The flange of the spigot can screwed or glued – or both – over the ventilation hole. Many customers use sealant around the flange once it is fitted to ensure an airtight connection.
- The ventilation ducting can then be attached to the spigot using a ducting clip or duct tape.
- Please note: if screwing to the wall you may need to make screw holes through the flange