Acoustic Box Fans for Hydroponics Grow Rooms - designed to move vast amounts of air while remaining virtually silent, keeping noise to the absolute minimum.
Acoustic box fans are perfect for connecting to carbon filters using ducting to remove stale air and humidity from your grow room, keeping your plants happy without releasing any non-desirable odours into the surrounding environment.
One of the main drawbacks of moving a lot of air very rapidly can be wind noise. Sometimes this can be a major issue. One way to reduce wind noise is a fan speed controller to control the speed of the fan, thus acting as a de facto volume control.
The second thing to work on is the type of fan you are using. While inline RVK fans can certainly do the job, when it comes to keeping noise to a minimum they don't even come close to the performance of an acoustic box fan. Our fans have been designed to move vast quantities of air with the absolute minimum of noise due to its construction and the inclusion of sound deadening material within the housing.
To really get to grips with fan noise consider the following measures:
- Keep ducting runs as short as possible
- Use phonic ducting (acoustic ducting)
- Keep ducting as straight as possible and avoid any sharp bends or kinks which will increase the noise generated
- Use one of the following:
- Basic fan speed controller (Cheap, produces buzzing, reduces fan life)
- Hybrid fan controller (Slightly more expensive but no buzzing)
- Dynamic Frequency Controller (Expensive, absolutely silent, extends fan life)